Golfing in Heber Springs, Arkansas
Head to Heber Springs for your next Arkansas golf vacation. The city that was founded as a health resort now boasts a beautiful downtown district, a restored theater, mineral springs and incredible golf. The Natural State’s 40,000-acre lake provides numerous water activities, such as boating, fishing and swimming. The scenic beauty paired with the charming city is what makes Heber Springs, Arkansas a place worth visiting. And that natural beauty carries over to its golf courses, too. Mountain Ranch Golf Club, Red Apple Inn & Country Club and Tannenbaum Golf Club are just three must-play golf courses during your Arkansas trip. Take in Ozark Mountain views and dramatic elevation changes during your play. The Arkansas weather will make your golf excursion even more enjoyable, so head to Arkansas, and stay in Heber Springs for a great golf getaway!
Fast Facts about Heber Springs, Arkansas
1. Little Red River stretches for 29 miles and is internationally known for the 40-pound, four-ounce brown trout that was caught in 1992.
2. Rainbow and German Brown Trout are plentiful in the river, for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service operate a trout hatchery below the Greers Ferry Dam.
3. Greers Ferry Dam was dedicated by President John F. Kennedy in October 1963, just one month before his assassination.
4. Heber Springs was first dubbed as Sugar Loaf Springs.
5. Mineral springs discovered in Heber Springs were a great feature for the health resort.
Build Your Custom Arkansas Golf Package
Craft the perfect Arkansas golf trip from a huge selection of golf courses, hotels and resorts, and vacation packages. With a few simple clicks, you can create a custom golf package, or select one of our traditional vacation packages. Choose from the best golf resorts and top courses in Hot Springs, Fayetteville, Pine Bluff, and many other cities in Arkansas. We make golf vacation planning easy and rewarding! Whether you are traveling with a companion, a few friends or a large group, we offer customized golf packages to fit your taste, budget and needs. Contact our golf experts to start planning your Arkansas golf trip today!