Fast Facts about Big Island, Hawaii:
1. The Big Island of Hawaii is the youngest island of Hawaii, and by far the largest.
2. Volcanic activity has been occurring in the Kilauea volcano since the summer of 2008, creating a spectacle for vacationers of the Big Island.
3. The Big Island holds Panaewa Rainforest Zoo, the only rainforest zoo in the nation.
4. Big Island is home to Hawaii's most popular waterfall, Akaka Falls, which is located in the beautiful Akaka Falls Sate Park.
5. Because of the constant volcanic activity, the Big Island's beaches are made up of white, green, and black sand. Punaluu Black Sand Beach is one of the most famous black sand beaches in Hawaii. Its shoreline is a completely jet black, awing those who witness such a spectacle.
Golfing in Big Island, Hawaii
The Big Island of Hawaii certainly lives up to its name. Although it's the youngest island of Hawaii, it's the state's largest. The Big Island houses some of the world's most beautiful marvels, such as the Kilauea volcano and rare black-sand beaches. The unique climate on Big Island provides vacationers with an incredible amount of options on what sights to see and what to do during their stay. Rainforests, volcanic deserts, snow-capped mountains, and tropical beaches are all nestled on Big Island, providing unlimited activity and continuous breathtaking sights. With such beautiful views, it's no surprise that the Big Island is home to some of the prettiest golf courses in the nation as well. Golfers overlook miles of beaches and mountains as they play on some of the brightest greens they've ever witnessed. Equipped with tropical weather, incredible scenery, and plenty to do, the Big Island of Hawaii should be at the top of any golf vacation list.
Build Your Custom Hawaii Golf Package
Craft the perfect Hawaii golf trip from a huge selection of golf courses, hotels and resorts, and vacation packages. With a few simple clicks, you can create a custom golf package, or select one of our traditional vacation packages. Choose from the best golf resorts and top courses in Honolulu, Maui, Big Island and Princeville, Hawaii. We make golf vacation planning easy and rewarding! Whether you are traveling with a companion, a few friends or a large group, we offer customized golf packages to fit your taste, budget and needs. Contact our golf experts to start planning your Hawaii golf trip today!