Golf Vacations In Chicago, Illinois
Chicago has held many nicknames and titles over the years, and yet not one heralds the city as one of the nation’s best golf vacation destinations. Chicago has been called, “The Windy City,” “Second City,” “Chi-Town,” “Chicagoland,” and countless others, and this city of many names and is one place a golfer has to add into his repertoire of dream golf destinations. A sports fanatic’s paradise, Chicago has it all, including every major professional sport team and a golf facility so renown it almost doesn’t need to be named. Cog Hill is the ideal Chicago golf venue for anyone looking to play challenging golf in the north. With 4 courses to choose from, there is enough golf to last a long weekend, and as a host to several Amateur tournaments, the golf at Cog Hill is exceptional.
Why Golf in Chicago?
A northern city with long winters, year round play isn’t an option, yet the summer months are worth the wait. Chicago is a great escape from the stifling heat that most of the southern states experience. A milder summer makes for a more enjoyable golf outing, and with a city as big as Chicago, half the fun exists after the eighteenth hole. If the southern summer is blazing and a round of golf feels more like a day on the surface of the sun, traveling north is a welcome relief from the inferno that can sometimes rage down south. Chicago golf is quickly altering the famous phrase, “if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the south and travel to Chicago for a round of Golf”.
GolfThere.com's Fast Facts About Chicago, Illinois:
- You can’t spell Chicago with Cog…Cog Hill is a must play for any traveling golfer.
- If you like sports, this is the city for you. Baseball, Basketball, and Football.
- Pine Meadow is a scenic wonderland that has been a perpetual top 10 public course in Illinois for over 15 years now.
- A milder summer makes for a more comfortable golf outing than you’ll find anywhere below the Mason Dixon line.
- It bears repeating. Cog Hill is the real deal. A golf course this nice is hard to find.