Ayrshire, Scotland, the birthplace of golf. Is there a better destination for the golf vacation of a lifetime? We think not! In Ayrshire, Turnberry Resort’s Ailsa and Kintyre courses are full of rolling hills, sandy dunes and craggy rocks. The town of Troon, in Ayrshire, has hosted the Open Championship 8 times, and the Prestwick Golf Club was the site of the very first Open in 1860. Take in the coastal and Highland scenery and rich heritage along with the over 100 golf courses in southwest Scotland.
Why book an Ayrshire golf vacation package?
- Ayrshire is the birthplace of golf’s most prestigious tournament, the Open Championship.
- The links at Turnberry were used as an airfield in both World War I and World War II.
- Turnberry Resort opened in 1906 as the world’s first golf resort.
Plan your next golf vacation
Top Rated Golf Courses in Ayrshire
- Prestwick Golf Club
- Royal Troon – Old Course
- Trump Turnberry Resort, Scotland – The Ailsa
- Trump Turnberry Resort, Scotland – The Kintyre
Top Rated Ayrshire Hotels
- Trump Turnberry Resort, Scotland