Plan to spend the majority of your Charleston and Kiawah Island golf trip outside with a club in hand. The Charleston National Golf Club and Rivertowne Country Club incorporate tidal marshes, creeks and natural wetlands. Continue this Low Country experience with a 15-mile drive south of Charleston to Kiawah Island, widely hailed as one of the premier golf destinations on the East Coast.
Why book a Charleston and Kiawah Golf Vacation Package?
- Charleston has often been voted the Nation’s Most Mannerly City. Southern charm, y’all!
- Many consider Charleston to be the earliest home of golf in the country, dating back to 1743 records showing a shipment of golf clubs and balls from Scotland.
- The Kiawah Island Ocean Course was designed by elevating the whole course to provide fantastic views of the Atlantic coastline from every hole. The movie “The Legend of Bagger Vance” shot many of its golf scenes here.
Charleston - Value Experience
The luxurious Wild Dunes Resort is located on the Isle of Palms, a short hop from Charleston and a magical place to spend some golf and leisure time in South Carolina. Blessed with a mild year-round climate, South Carolina is a popular golfing retreat outside the hot summer months, and Wild Dunes, with 36 excellent holes, is a terrific option.
The courses at Wild Dunes – the Links and Harbor layouts – have been described by Golf Digest as two of the best in South Carolina, and both benefit from a remarkable coastal setting that could only be found in this welcoming southern state.
Kiawah Island - Premium Experience
There is a reason that The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island is 3rd on Golf Digest’s ‘America’s 100 Greatest Public Courses’, it is a truly phenomenal course and a must-play for any golfer. The Ocean Course has played host to the Ryder Cup and PGA Championship in its illustrious history, however, there are four other championship courses at the resort; Turtle Point, Osprey Point, Oak Point and Cougar Point, that are all worthy of a round in their own right. The combination of these fantastic courses makes Kiawah Island one of the best golf resorts in America.
Top Rated Golf Courses in Charleston Kiawah
- Charleston National Country Club
- Dunes West Golf Club
- Kiawah Island – Cougar Point Course
- Kiawah Island – Oak Point Course
- Kiawah Island – Ocean Course
- Kiawah Island – Osprey Point Course
- Kiawah Island – Turtle Point Course
- Legend Oaks Golf & Tennis Club
- Patriots Point Links
- RiverTowne Country Club
- Wild Dunes Resort Harbor Course
- Wild Dunes Resort Links Course
Charleston Kiawah Lodging
- Courtyard Charleston Mt Pleasant
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort
- Wild Dunes Resort